Flu Planning 2020/21 – Broadmead Surgery
We will be receiving our flu vaccinations over the course of the next 3 months:
- Vaccines for patients over 65 years will be arriving on 02.09.2020 with first clinic being held on 05.09.2020.
- Vaccines for patients under 65 years who are at risk of influenza will be arriving on 05.10.2020, with additional stock arriving on 09.11.2020. Flu clinic dates to be arranged.
- Nasal spray vaccines for children aged 2-3 years who were born on or after 1st September 2016 and on or before 31st August 2018 as well as children at risk of influenza aged 4-17 years will be arriving at the beginning of September. The first flu clinic for children will be held on 19.09.2020.
The flu vaccination programme has been increased this year due to the COVID pandemic to ensure vulnerable and at risk patients are protected as soon as possible.
Please note that people in the 50-64-year old age group will not be vaccinated until November and December, providing there is sufficient vaccine, and no appointments will be offered for this age group until then. This is to ensure that those who are most at risk are vaccinated first. If you are 50-64 and you are in one of the other groups which is eligible for the flu vaccination, for example you have a health condition which puts you at risk from the flu, you will be invited earlier.
Please see below the guidance we are providing to our patients when attending a flu vaccine appointment:
- Patients are to attend alone where possible
- Please do not bring any additional bags or excess clothing to your appointment
- Please arrive no earlier than 5 minutes before your appointment time and please do not arrive late
- Patients are to follow the one-way patient pathway around the building to adhere to social distancing.
- Patients are to wear face masks or face coverings and use the antibacterial hand gel when entering the building
- Patient are encouraged to wear loose, short sleeve clothing to allow easy access to the upper arm
- PLEASE DO NOT ATTEND IF YOU HAVE ANY COVID SYMPTOMS (temperature/fever, persistent cough, loss of taste or smell etc) – if you have any of these symptoms please call the surgery to cancel your appointment so that it can be offered to another patient in need.
If you require any further information on the flu vaccine and who is eligible, please visit the NHS website –